Strategies of Success
To achieve success you will need to use a variety of strategies, such as those listed below.
Strategy 1 - Listen Carefully
- Concentrate on what is being said and ignore other noise.
- Ask questions if something is not clear.
- Listen for the meanings and ideas behind the words.
Strategy 2 - Take clear notes
- Write down only important facts and ideas.
- Use your own words rather than those of the teacher.
- Number the major points and make them into a sequence.
Strategy 3 - Choose the right place
- Try to do your work in the same quiet place.
- Ensure that your work place is well-lit to avoid tiring your eyes.
- Keep your work space tidy.
Strategy 4 - Go further
- Make it a habit to do some homework every day.
- Identify and regularly use additional references e.g. encyclopedia.
- Enroll at the local or central library and use their facilities regularly.
Strategy 5 - Revise effectively
- Be specific and stick to your revision Timetable.
- Revise in short bursts; stop when your mind begins to wander.
- Try to reproduce notes on paper rather than just reading them.